5 Things About Shadow And Bone

5:27:00 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.

Shadow and Bone is the first installment in Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy.


Pages: 368


I Loved The World Of Grisha
I find many books don't have super interesting settings, usually they are based in today's world. Although I usually enjoy those books nonetheless, I love being taken to completely new worlds, places that are new to me, places that are sadly made up(real or not real?????) This book had just that! I loved how it had a 100% new location, not in the US like most books are set, instead in a brand new country! I also loved the concept of Grisha and how they weren't simply called witches, no, they were Grisha!

Everything Was Introduced Well And Flowed Nicely
It can be hard to introduce such a complicated world and deep characters, however Leigh Bardogo did it with ease! I never found myself confused throughout the book, wondering what she was talking about. If you payed attention while reading, you wouldn't get lost! I find with such a complex concept its easy to lose track of whats happening and what these strange things being mentioned are. Fear no more, because this book has got your back when it comes to that!

The Characters Had Depth
Each character had a backstory. I love backstories. They are the work of Gods. Backstories are perfect, they give characters so much depth, you get a better understanding of their actions and personality. The information given in backstories helps shape the character and give them more depth. They also give you a better understanding of the characters. In Shadow and Bone the important characters all had some sort of story behind them, I especially liked Mal and Alina's story! Even the Darkling had his own twisted tale that made up his personality!

There WAS Action But Not Tons
Books packed with so much action and adventure are perfect for me. Although I couldn't put this book down, it didn't have as much action as I expected. The beginning was nice and juicy with action, so was the end! However I found that the middle was lacking a bit of that extra intensity. Most of the book was spent with Alina training, obviously not the most interesting thing. Don't get me wrong, there was some though! I'm hoping the next book is a little more exciting!

The Ending Changed My Rating
I did not like the ending. Not one bit. It wasn't that there was a plot twist, or something crazy. It was too calm! There was nothing that made me want to scream and throw a fit! Don't get me wrong, those ending hurt me, but they also make me beg for more! Those are the things that get me excited for what is coming up next in the series, not the case in this book. The ending here was too easy. I did however read the first chapter of the second book, which was included. That really got me riled up! Such a cliff hanger! But why wasn't it included in the ending of the first book? Not added to the second!

Final Rating:


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ahh--I love this book! This is one of my absolute favorite series, so I am definitely glad that you liked Shadow & Bone. Oh, do you have any ships yet?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe