New Favorite Series?? Review on Heir of Fire

2:48:00 PM




Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #3
Pages: 562

She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.


Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak—but at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth...a truth about her heritage that could change her life—and her future—forever.Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. To defeat them, Celaena must find the strength to not only fight her inner demons but to battle the evil that is about to be unleashed.
wow. I feel as though I have not written a review in ages... I AM SORRY!! I have been a bad blogger. Which is the one thing I vowed never to be this year. THIS IS WHY I DONT MAKE NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS PEOPLE. I will now calm it with the caps lock, because all though it is my favourite button on the keyboard, I have learned it makes some people uncomfortable.

I do however request permission to casually throw in some more caps lock for the following sentence. I AM LOVING THIS SERIES!!!!! Honestly, it's amazingness blows me away. How can a book be so good? And more importantly how come I can't write like that???

Ahem we shall put the thought of my tragic writing aside now and focus on the actual review, as I do believe that's what you came her for...

WHAT I LOVED


  • CHARACTER DEPTH EEEEEK yes I am a liar, I can not refrain from typing in capitals, it is my natural instinct, one should never ignore their nature. The reason I think I love Heir of Fire, and well the entire Throne of Glass series so much is because I have an obsession with character depth, and back stories. If you have not witnessed me yelling about my love for it before, that is a problem. Anyhow, I'm getting off topic again... What I was trying to say was that Heir of Fire contained so many back stories it was just wonderful. I do believe the whole purpose of this book was for us to learn more about the characters! I think this was more of a world building book than anything, I'm hoping it is leading to beautiful exciting things in Queen of Shadows, which is currently glaring at me from my shelf demanding to be read. So although the plot was considered a slower one, the back stories make up for it in my world! 
  • DRAGONS need I say more? Well, maybe not exactly dragons, but fun dragon like creatures called wyverns were featured in this story. If you somehow didn't know DRAGONS ARE MY LIFE as a small child I would ONLY read books about dogs, and dragons. I have no regrets. I found myself very strongly looking forward to the parts in this book that featured the wyverns, because not only was it the most intense, but also because dragons are glorious.
  • Rowan was just mean and grumpy and incredibly hot. I LOVED HIM because sarcastic characters with bad moods make me happy. Books without characters like these make sad. And yes Rowan's perfection deserves its own point!
  • I learned so much, as I said before this book was really focused on world building, and it did a great job of it. I am now a smart turtle. Although I am not quite sure this knowledge will help me on my math test this Friday..
  • I cried. A lot. Honestly this was probably the most amount of times I have cried during a single book. I can't... So many tears... It was like a freaking river coming out of my eyeballs. And yes that is a good thing, in fact it is a flawless thing I LOVE CRYING!!

WHAT WAS... NOT SO GREAT...

The bad stuff aaaaaa I don't even want to talk about it. I still loved the book despite all of this, but negativity is key. I thoroughly enjoy being a rude and negative turtle. Though it is hard for me to be negative to such a delicious book, so instead I shall calmly state the bad, a nice change from my usual craziness.

  • It was a bit slow for my liking. Although somehow this book destroyed me with feels, I guess it was just more of a slow painful kind of destruction, which I do not approve of.
  • My otp... *rips out hair*
  • Not enough dragons. Although there is never enough dragons...


Yikes. I dunno. I struggle I did enjoy this book, it was slow and all, but my feels were destroyed, my heart was shattered, and my soul corrupted, so therefore I cannot think of anything bad about this book!!!

I think I'm just gonna leave it at that, I don't have much more to say! I did take great pleasure in devouring this book. Also if you haven't read this series yet, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!! DROP EVERYTHING AND GO, READ IT RIGHT NOW!!! Of course this is just a suggestion, one that I demand you listen too, because I need someone to bask in the feels with me!!!

FINAL RATING


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram

Subscribe